Chilling in Chitimba


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Lake Malawi » Chitimba Beach
August 17th 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a relaxing day around lake Malawi in Chitimba. We spent some time reading in the hammocks, walking down by the beach area, and then we went with some of the group over to the neighbouring campsite which had a large bar area. Lake Malawi is very interesting to see as it is so big you can’t see the end of it, also it has sand around it so you think it is actually the ocean. When we went over to the other campsite it didn’t take long for Chris and I to hear the familiar sounds of home. We heard some people with the Northern Irish accent. Chris took the opportunity to go and speak to them and found out that it was an elderly couple over to visit their son and daughter-in-law who were working in the local hospital in Chitimba. It was great to speak to them and have people recognise where we come from, even down to the villages we grew up in. We spent more time with some members of our group, chatting about various things, pets, Australia (they are all Aussies), our time in Africa etc. We went back to our campsite for dinner then headed back to the other campsite to sit in their comfortable bar area with our group. Chris spoke again to the Northern Irish family and was excited to learn that Van Persie had signed for Man United, he couldn’t stop smiling!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb