Leaving Kenya and entering Tanzania


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
August 5th 2012
Published: September 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast was to be pre-ordered the night before so Chris and I were down for 7..00am to get our scrambled eggs and toast before we packed our things into the truck ready to depart towards Arusha which was our halfway point to the Serengeti. We had to stop to cross the border from Kenya to Tanzania, this didn’t take too long but involved getting out of the truck on the Kenya side, having our passport stamped to say that we had left, then walking about 100metres to the Tanzania side where we paid $50 to enter Tanzania. We all jumped back into the truck and drove for a couple of hours again before stopping for lunch on the roadside. Everyone pitches in with lunch, cutting fruit and veg, setting out the wash basins etc and before we knew it everyone had eaten and it was time to head off on the road again.

We reached our campsite in Arusha which also has a snake park attached to it – guess who was very excited about this!!! Chris and I picked our tent – turns out we got a really old one which doesn’t have a rain cover – let’s hope there’s no rain. We have been assured its dry season so we won’t get wet. Our tent is quite rusty so it took us a while to get the poles into place, practice makes perfect I suppose. We sat outside for dinner and afterwards just sat with a group chatting about different things and also planning our trip to the Serengeti with our guide.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb