Simba take us to the Serengeti


Advertisement
Published: September 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a relaxing morning, getting a chance to look around the snake park and head into the city of Arusha where we went to the supermarket and got to go on the internet for a while. Chris and I were amused at some of the cultural differences in Africa, everyone is so relaxed they are almost going backwards. We went into the supermarket around 10am only to find they had no water left, we went out and spent time on the internet and looking for other shops before heading back around 11am to buy some other supplies that we couldn’t get elsewhere. We went in we seen the same girl who had been sitting at the milk section still there, she had no more milk to put away but she was just sitting there doing nothing surrounded by the milk packaging. She had spent an hour at least putting away about 20 cartons of milk!!! We then headed back to camp where we met our guide who would take us in the safari jeeps to the Serengeti, his name was Simba and there were six of us in our jeep. We headed off around 2.00pm after lunch towards our first stop which was near the Ngorongoro Crater. It took quite a while to get there so we stopped off at a campsite for the night, we got food at the campsite restaurant rather than cooking around the truck. We sat with different people from the overland group and it was great getting to meet new people. That night, the campsite had entertainment in the form of local tribal dancers, it was a great end to the evening before heading to our tents ready for an early start.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb