Whats going down in Ghana!!


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana
February 12th 2008
Published: February 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

again, this is going to be a really short entry as time is running short on the computor!

After this blog im going to try and write about things in a chronological order...much easier but for this one im just going to write down some of the highlights so far....

The Sunday after I arrived in Ghana, the 3rd, we visited a Church situated at the childrens home. Even before we had stepped into the room we could hear the singing as we drove down the road. I felt a little out of place being the only white person there as well as being the most shabbily dressed!! Ghanaian women always look well dressed with vibrant patterned dresses that i felt a bit like a scruff in linen trousers and a t-shirt! The whole service was done in song! there was a full gospel choir and band that accompanied the preacher...at some points people would just jump up and say 'amen!' and there was constant clapping...i felt privaledged to have been a part of the service.

The food i am becoming more use to..although I tried banku last night which is a hot spicey stew with fish and vegatables accompanied by fufu, which is like bread dough. The heat of the stew nearly blew my head off and the fufu got stuck to the back of my throat that only dislodged itself after several gulps of water!! not great..but ill try anything over here!

Times nearly gone...until next time 😊

Advertisement



12th February 2008

From Helmshore UK
Well done Ruth. I bet the church singing is more vibrant than home. Your Mum and family are coming here tomorrow for a few days dog aswell. Taking Howard up to Durham on Thursday to see the uni. I stay behind dog sitting. Went to the Chilli Club in Altrincham on Sat night Im afraid I had a little too much wine, not being used to it with the diet, stayed the night. Nigel and family are at Seahouses for a few days hol. weather is good here at the moment. The fufu sounds interesting make some when you come home. Thinking of you, will blog again soon G and G.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb