Days Forty-Five and Forty-Six; Saturday, April 19 '08


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Volta » Ho
April 20th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up at 11:00 which was super amazing! We took a two day trip to Mountail Paradise Lodge, the place where I spent Saturday of last weekend. Diana, Maria, Rebecca, Emily, Hope and I were all in desparate need of a girls weekend, one with NO drama and total relaxation.

We all shared a taxi and had such a wonderful weekend. At night on the mountaintop it does get fairly cold (about 70 degrees) so it was really nice to wear sweatpants for once. Our "girls girls" weekend consisted of laying and round and talking nonstop. We ate dinner, laid around, and went to bed early which was super nice.

Saturday morning Rebecca and I woke up at 7:30 planning to go on a nature hike. It's funny that back at home 7:30 is treacherous, but here it's so hot by then it's hard to sleep any later than that. However, three Peace Corps volunteers at the lodge talked us out of the hike. We took a walk instead to the town we visited last week. Church services were in full force. The music was beautiful; so strong and powerful. We discussed the importance of religion in Ghana. EVERYBODY believes in something and EVERYBODY goes to church. I don't know if it's because they are technologically and socially years behind us, but faith seems so much stronger here than it does in the states.

After our walk we played Monopoly and ate lunch which was again amazing. My camera broke this weekend which is a huge bummer. We napped the rest of the afternoon and then headed home. It's so peaceful there it's devastating to leave.

Sat around the rest of the evening. I really enjoy Sunday nights here...you'll all be surprised by the interesting day I'm planning tomorrow 😊

Miss you!
Love,
Kacie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb