ETHIOPIA...Jumping with the HAMAR


Advertisement
Africa » Ethiopia » Southern Nations Region » Turmi
August 26th 2011
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

ETHIOPIA...Jumping with the HAMAR All roads lead to Turmi...but only if you are heading that way...I surmise...but if you travel in another direction...well it may go anywhere...but there. "That's a Desert Rose...I've seen those in Central Australia...but how can they be here...in Southern Ethiopia?" So Mike was given the task of finding out...as we scoured the scrub for others...and t... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

DRESSED TO THE NINESDRESSED TO THE NINES
DRESSED TO THE NINES

topped with a white feather
HAMAR HERDERHAMAR HERDER
HAMAR HERDER

on the road to Kolcho



26th August 2011

Love those faces
I always travel alone or with a travel mate. I would like to go to Ethiopia, and of course some other African countries, but I think travelling alone is a little complicated in those lands. Tell me: how did you visit this tribe in Ethiopia? On a tour? Alone? You can write to my email: gracetandil@yahoo.com.ar Thank you. I love the pictures and the texts you write. Love from Argentina. Graciela.
26th August 2011

GRACIAS GRACE
Always nice to receive a comment on my blogs. Of my 3 Ethiopian tribe blogs, you are the first...so a special gracias...and from Argentina...one of my favourite places! Footprints Ethiopia...ask for Ermias...a true gentleman. I'll email details.
26th August 2011
THE ARTISTE

The intensity and concentration of the eyes of all involved in the face painting portion of the initiation is incredible - you have captured it beautifully in this photo.
26th August 2011

stunning photos
Hi, To be quite honest, traveling to Africa really never caught my attention. But your pictures are just so amazing, which is the reason I opened and read your blog.I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing those pictures put me in a really different place and time.
27th August 2011

THANK YOU SHANE
I was hoping you would see my Ethiopian blogs...you having been there! We did North & South...stunning. To be able to go to these places...and capture & convey what we saw...I am privileged.
27th August 2011

THANK YOU ARIES & RINKA
For taking the time to comment...it does lift the humble bloggers spirits. Check out my previous blogs...our adventures in Mali & Ethiopia...Relax & Enjoy. I am looking forward to exploring your blogs.
27th August 2011

You are an exceptional photographer
Time to apply for a job with National Geographic. Love your perspective and the way you inject humor.
28th August 2011

THANK YOU AGAIN DAVE & MERRY JO
Without your input when I was blogging Mali I would not be writing these stories. ...and the photos...what a privilege to share them with like-minded people... around the World no less! Your comments are always appreciated.
4th July 2014
I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU

Lovely photo!
I love your portrait photos and this one really sticks out, such a wonderful composition!
4th July 2014
I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU

Lovely photo!
Thanks Per-Olof. This one is also a favourite of mine. There is a special feel when photographing tribal people from Africa. They usually are not self conscious...just proud of who they are...and when they show attitude like this one...voila!
21st September 2014
I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU

That does not look like a consensual picture Dave! lol But it's great.
23rd September 2015

"Spewing dust as we rip along the track...I can taste Africa"
I love this line. So vivid and immediate. Great read. Glad one of the photos showed up on the main page!
23rd September 2015

"Spewing dust as we rip along the track...I can taste Africa"
You remind me of my thrill of being there...tastes I will not forget. Thanks Bekah.
16th July 2019
JUMPING THE BULLS

guest post
HI SIR / MAM, I NEED SPONSORED POST WITH YOUR https://www.travelblog.org I AM WAITING YOUR POSITIVE RESPONSE THANKS
16th July 2019
JUMPING THE BULLS

guest post
I like this photo too Jack. What are you asking of me?
7th April 2020
SPINNING & JUMPING

Superbly informative
Thank you. I find your blog very interesting and educational and, of course, augmented with beautiful photography.
7th April 2020
SPINNING & JUMPING

Superbly informative
Thank you for commenting Roger. Jumping with the Hamar is a blog from years back that can be as relevant now as it was back then. The photography opportunities among the tribes of sthn Ethiopia and the stories that weave as you do so will remain with you forever. I hope you can embrace the opportunity someday.
2nd February 2022
JUMPING THE BULLS

Mr.
555

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb