The Night Train


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
June 26th 2008
Published: June 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Overnight train Overnight train Overnight train

Train station at Cairo
Obviously not on the brochure One of the things that Hesham didnt mention to us until we got off was that there had been hold ups on the train. Like western style, cowboy type, hold ups. He said there was also shootings b/4 but no one had ever been killed..that explains the funny feeling! Oh well, by the time we knew, we didnt care, we were busy checking out the next sight...which I think was the museum of modern art.

What an experience!!, now that Im home n' have time to think about the craziness of this adventure, the night train was probably one of the best/craziest part of our trip. I hadn't been on a real train b4, so I didnt know what to expect. We knew we had "first class" tickets, but all that really meant is that you get a meal, that you probably dont want to eat anyways, on the train.

When you first jump on the train, you gotta do it quick c. it only stops for 5 min.'s. And there's a non-smoking section, but its close to the smoking section so it really doesnt matter. Also the view while your traveling cross country is great!! We saw little village's and towns and other travelers going on camel, or foot. The best part is that none of us saw a starbucks for miles!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

First ClassFirst Class
First Class

First class is taken loosely.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb