Dust, dust and more dust


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai » Dahab
June 14th 2009
Published: June 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Dahab. We arrived yesterday after a 19 hr bus journey from Luxor, being the only tourists on the bus we had no idea where we were stopping but we did get to listen to a lot of Arabic music and watched an Arabic film! We arrived at the bus station in Dahab that has taxi's that consisted of pick up trucks that you just jump in the back off. With the manic driving and the wind and dust tearing thru us, it soon woke us up!

Were now staying in a garden shed ontop of the hotel, its different, but at least its a bit cooler here.
Went quad biking yesterday afternoon in to the desert to an oasis into a Bedouin village, which turned out to be an oasis with sheds full of dusty tourist tat. Carina too scared to drive, so she joined Russ's one. Hung on and screamed 'were going to die' a lot! We returned covered head to foot in dust, with only rings around our eyes where our sunglasses were! Was excellent fun, Russ was a very 'safe' driver...!

Today we went snorkling in th Red Sea, saw lots of pretty fishes and some coral but was very cold in the water. This evening were going up mount Sinai, were Moses received the 10 commandments . We're leaving at 11.00pm to complete a 3 hr climb up the mountain to see the sunrise, and the monestary on the way down. When we get back to Dahab were heading back to Cairo as we want to see the red and the bent pyramid, and spend a few nights in the Western Desert.

Advertisement



15th June 2009

HAHAHA
Carina I can SOOOO picture you screaming 'we are gonna die'! Russ, your poor ears!!!!
16th June 2009

sounds like you are having fun, but diane and i think you are barking mad, traveling 19 hours on a bus x x
19th June 2009

Great to hear from you!
Great to have an update, keep in touch xxx
25th July 2009

Quad Bikes
Carina, I am with you on the quad biking, got Annie a session of it for her birthday she was keen to take me. I persuaded her that wouldn’t it be more fun to take her brother and act out sibling rivalry, that and the reminder of jet ski incident (took a while for Annie to hear again) You sound like you are both having an amazing time, thanks for the blog link. Hugs, Annie & Lynne

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb