Dahab continued...


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai » Dahab
April 25th 2008
Published: April 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I got the pictures to upload!!

April 24

"Hey Frances can you turn the air conditioning back on?" is what I woke up to this morning. Apparently in her half awake state Kathleen forgot that our hotel manager told us that there was going to be a power outage for 2 hours in the morning...hence no air conditioning. After reminding her of that fact I drifted back off to sleep and all three of us awoke later at about 12:30pm. We had all decided that today would be a sleeping in day but we didn't think we would sleep in that long...oops.

After getting up and getting dressed we headed to the beach and had a total lazy day. It was great! The red sea is beautiful and we could see Saudi Arabia just across the way. Kathleen and I playfully debated swimming there but decided if we made it we would most certainly get in trouble when we arrived on shore in our bikinis with no passports. So instead we hung out on lounge chairs right on the beach all day with food being served right to us :-) After enjoying a late lunch we then hopped in the water to play for a bit and then relaxed in the sun and read/listened to music/napped (Kathleen).

Kim found a dive instructor she felt comfortable with and made arrangements to go scuba diving tomorrow. She also made friends with him and plans for us to Sheshah aka hookah with him in the evening. So a few hours later we met up with him and headed over. His English was very good and we were all laughing and talking into the night. We picked up two more as one of his friends came and met us and one of Kathleen's classmates from AUC did as well. After Sheshah we went to the Funny Mummy for dinner on the water. We got the Egyptian rate at the cafe we did the sheshah at and much better service than normal at the restaurant because of our new Egyptian friends and stayed at the restaurant until midnight just talking. Here in Egypt most people stay up late, mostly because of how HOT it is here during the day, and so with so many people on the streets we feel perfectly safe walking home. After a slight disagreement with our hotel manager we're off to bed!

Advertisement



25th April 2008

Funny Mummy
Is that really the name of the restaurant? Funny Mummy? So glad that you guys are having so much fun.
29th April 2008

It was 96 today. Now I appreciate just how hot you must be at 100+
Sounds like vacation!

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb