Dahab


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai » Dahab
April 7th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ahh, Dahab, oasis of chill and happiness and western food.

Two nights in Dahab did a lot to ease our travel weary souls. We stayed in a backpackers place right by the beach, and basically spent a day and a half relaxing, tourist shopping and remembering what hot showers and real beds felt like.

I did a bit of tourist shopping, just because my backpack isn't full enough already, and visited Omar the sheesha master. He's very passionate about the art of sheesha, and when buying one you have to go through the full demonstration of how to assemble it properly, use it correctly and keep it clean... It took an hour to buy a sheesha for Dave, as in addition to the full demonstration, we even had to smoke from it to make sure it all worked OK. Now that's service!

And as a backpacker haunt, Dahab also has great bars, so we all pulled out our dancing shoes (so to speak - we all wear jandals so dancing ended up being barefoot) and stayed out all night partying in a great bar. Gotta love the opportunity to sleep in, that's the first time in a few weeks...

Unfortunately diving was out for me as I still have a bad cold I can't quite shake, and the wind and rough sea meant snorkellling was also not an option. So I just had to relax and chill. Shame!






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb