Naples to Alexandria


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Mediterranean » Alexandria
December 25th 2009
Published: October 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

hi,,

Two days at sea - 1200 nautical miles from Naples to Alexandria - today is Christmas Day.....Day 2 of the days at sea

On day one conscience got the better of us and we went to seminars on how to eat right and lose weight, became involved in a personal consultation and all that did was convince us of what we already knew - J has to lose 10kg and L has to build up muscle and lose a little weight.... well maybe a bit more than that.... with this information we moved for morning tea with Danishes and the thought that this trip could be the last of the good times,,,,, we will lose it when we get back.... and make a concerted effort after I finish the chocolate that J bought me for Christmas... and maybe after the trip... we will see what we will do..

I also had a ioniser session in the Ying Yang Health Spa... lost 3.5 inches... so they tell me but lost more out of my purse .... around $US180!! Tried acupuncture too after that - interesting experience - my feet and legs have been really sore adn thought that might help but little Nobby (Noburo) tells me I need lots of treatment to help me... yes am sure at $US177 each time!! CAme home to the cabin after that and then went onto the Christmas Eve show at the Theatre - was fantastic - a 1970s song fest - a full day at sea and got to bed around 11pm so missed the midnight church service.

WEATHER UPDATE - As of now the sea is smooth and the temp is 18 degrees - in the European winter!!

We saw Santa today - he was waiting for us - the Captain saw him on the radar and called him in to see all of us - jolly old chap he is too - looked a bit tired...

The whole ship is in Christmas mode and has gone into festive makeover - all is great on here - we both miss our families but are enjoying it on board.

WE chose to have lunch in the French restaurant - a silver service option with the Norwegian Jade Jazz band playing in the back ground, a 3 course meal, wine AND dessert wines and ports etc - feeling quite full and will be going back there for dinner!! This cost us a total of $A30 for 2! Most of the dining on the ship is in

Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 39; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb