To stay or go....


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Mediterranean » Alexandria
February 11th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

marhaba,

When i last left you i was in Luxor and had a fever. that night was probably one of the worst nights of my life. I was so sick i could hardly move and what was worse i had really bad nausia. to make things even better that evening at 10pm we were catching the train back to cairo then on to alexandria which is where i write this from now. The train trip was almost 11hrs which meant i had to inject myself again before we left you can imagine i am fed up with egypt and i just want to come home. the constant hassling, pollution and noise, not to mention the suicidal drivers is too much to bare.

tomorrow morning we are meant to be heading out to the siwa desert - about a 9hr bus ride west of alexandria which will be my birthday (great - not!) i really need to rest and am worried about how i will go out in the desert because it is very cold. even worse than on the feluccas. i would like to go to the greek islands but after looking at the weather it is pretty cold there too. so i am feeling a little stuck. the hostel we are staying in is very basic but had great views onto the mediterranean ; ) tonight we will celebrate my birthday.

its weird i have only been away for 8 days but it feels a life time. dont get me wrong egypt is great and an amazing experience but i think in small doses. plus we have done so much and covered alot of ground so its not suprising i have had enough.

well i will try and keep you updated im not sure what i am doing. i would say ill just have to go to the desert or just stay in alexandria. if you dont here from me for more than two days, i would have decided to go to the desert.

hope everyone is well!!! i miss everyone soooooo much!

lots of love

jess

xo




Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb