You like this statue, you give me 20 dolla!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Mediterranean » Alexandria
May 26th 2007
Published: May 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was PACKED full and extremely long for us. Our excursion started bright and early, then ended over 12 hours later. We took a bus 3 hours from Alexandria to Cairo. I guess there was a posting for annoying people to join our bus, because it was full of them. 😊 We visited Giza and the Pyramids. They were just amazing! Camels, (again more men with mustaches), and armed guards all over the place. Everyone wanted to sell us something and have us pay in USD (since the USD is worth 5X their Egyptian Pound). Weather said 80, but I am thinking more like about 200 degrees. 😊 We also hit the Sphynx which was great too. Our bus was off schedule, so we were running back to it once we climbed to the top of it. Then on to Memphis followed by Saka'ara to see the step pyramid. We had lunch in an Egyptian Hotel but made sure to stay away from the chicken (we recieved a notice about it before hand. Yeah, the last thing we want is the bird flu!). We also hit a Jewelry shop for some cartouche's which were pretty sweet! Overall, it was the best stop yet! Even if it did feel like we were on the news at times with all of the machine gun toating officers (mustaches, ALL of them). Things are great, and hope the same for everyone else~!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb