Arrival in Cairo


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
May 30th 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a 10 hour flight and a 5 hour layover in Paris, we boarded our flight to Cairo. At this point Caroline is quite upset because she left her ipod on the plane and of course they didn't find it while cleaning the aircraft. She is very adament (where's the spell check?) about never flying Air France again and all her friends told her that it is a bad airline. We should have taken Sara's recommendation and flown KLM. Oh....life through the eyes of a 13 year old girl who is without her music! Despite that drama, we arrived safely in Cairo where the Thomas Cook man whisked us through passport controll and customs with the wink of an eye and the word APACHE. We were greeted by our dear friends Paul and Tracy Ellis and drivers Fahmy and Asharaf. By the time we reached the Ellis flat in Maadi, Tracy and I were a bit queasy from the chaotic drive through Cairo traffic...I think the driver needed to go pray or something! Caroline's mood changed quickly when we arrived to homemade lasagne and ANOTHER birthday cake! This time it was black forest with trick candles, thank you Tracy! Zachary and Jackson, the Ellis twin boys, were also there with hugs. Jackson was especially welcoming as I had his new 32 gig ipod touch in my carry-on bag. Sleep came very easily.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb