Final blog - from another continent :)


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
January 10th 2009
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Diving 11 secs
Just thought I'd give you a final hello with greetings from the sun in Egypt. Malin and I had a very relaxing week, with mostly enjoyabe days at the pool or the beach. At this time of the year in Egypt the days are warm in the sun, but you need warm sweaters for the evening !

The best decision was to fly up to Cairo for one day - the most incredible feeling to stand next to the Pyramids and the Sphinx !!! It was a long day with pickup at the hotel around 5 in the morning, once arrived heading first to the pyramids (surprisingly quiet on the tourist side... the financial crisis strikes...), a visit to a perfume store, lunch at Hard Rock Cafe (yes, well not our choice really ! But I think some tourists have earlier gotten bad stomachs after more authentic choice of food so they think better safe than sorry !), the Egyptian museum (fabulous collection) and then the Khan el Khalili market before driving back through the entire city of Cairo to get back to the airport for the evening return flight to Sharm el Sheikh.


And we also did some diving in the National park off Sharm el Sheikh (introduction dives with an instructor). On the days we laid at the hotel beach the waves were unfortunately too big (black flag out) to make anymore snorkling during the remaining days of the week.

So, yesterday evening we headed back to Amsterdam - knowing it would be well under minus when landing in the middle of the night. At least the sun is shining now !!!!!


I hope you all had a great start to 2009 and I wish you all the best.

Sunny and warm greetings from Marie



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Not too busy considering...Not too busy considering...
Not too busy considering...

this is the only remaining wonders of the ancient world !
At the marketAt the market
At the market

(stones fallen from the Khufus pyramid has been used to build this part)


12th January 2009

cool
Hi Marie, Looks astonishing... have been there aswell.... Officially a bit late but Mach Reinier and I wish you all the best for 2009! Besos, Jeran

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb