Cusco part 2


Advertisement
South America
December 14th 2009
Published: December 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Me!Me!Me!

The morning after the night before
On returning to Cusco from the Salkantay trek I had gained another Canadian friend, lost some weight, wanted some sleep and needed a wash. Ben accompanied me to the ´botica´(pharmacy) down the road from our hostel so I didn´t have to run the gauntlet of the persistant street sellers alone (massage, senorita, massage? Paintings, miz, looking is free!) and I made the ratehr expensive purchanse of some hair conditioner and soap!

I have a BIG problem with our hostel. It is in a gorgeous old colonial building with a nice central courtyard which is now the TV and social area. However, the doors are very narrow and my pack isn´t, so I manbaged to get stuck fast as I entered our room. Now you wouldn´t believe how many people in a socially dead hostel manage to turn and laugh when some girl is wedged fast in a doorway, suspended with her feet hanging above the ground!!

So, as I said, our hostel was very cheap but very dead. So instead we went to Loki to socialise instead, they have a good bar and our Irish friends from Lima and the trek were staying there so no problems getting in.
JessicaJessicaJessica

The morning after the night before
Forgetting that we hadn´t slept since 4am, the five of us along with Mikey and another new friend Joe, went to Loki. There was a good band playing and we met our Irish friends so we stayed a while and then headed back into town to Mythology and another night of free drinks and dancing on the bar.

We emerged at 6am to find the sun had fully risen and every food serving venue was shut. Eventually a couple of us tracked down a full English breakfast - nothing has ever tasted so good!

Determined not to miss out on anything Cusco and to stick to my parents rule


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BenBen
Ben

The morning after the night before
MikeyMikey
Mikey

The morning after the night before


Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb