Arequipa and the area


Advertisement
South America
October 16th 2009
Published: November 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi, this time it is Omer.

After leaving Cusco (on which my sister to9ld you all about) we went to Arequipa.
In Arequipa we went to the main plaza and fed the pigeons. We also fed them from our hands. It was a lot of fun.

In the afternoon we went to a cinema to watch a movie off course called Land Of Lost or in Spanish La Tiera Perdida. It was about dinasoures. The cinema was in a very clean mall, and we also had dinner over there in Burger King.

Next morning we went by bus almost the whole day to a small vilage called Cabanaconde. We slep there one night and the next in the morning we went straight to a canyon called Colca Canyon for 2 days. The first day we walked about 6 hours down to the canyon. We crossed the river on a bridge adn then walked up a little about 10 minutes. at the end of the day, we got down a place called Oasis. It was real Oasis with pools and waterfall into the pool. The water were cold of course but it was fun to swim in the pool and it was very refreshing because it was very hot outside and we were hot from the long walk. Shachar my little brother, did not walk the trek, he was on a mule (donkey) that carried him and our staf. The room in Oasis was very simple, the floor was sand, it didnt had any wood, there was no electricity and we used candles. We ate dinner at 6 and went to sleep at about 6:30 because we had to wake up in the middle of the night. It was 2am when we woke up and we started walking up in the canyon at 3 am. It was completly dark, so we walked with flashlights. At around 4:30 am, the sun came up and we did not have to walk with flashlights anymore. The way up was very very difficult. It was suppose to take us 3 hours, to finish the whole walk, but it took us 4.5 hours. It was my hardest trek in my life. At the end of the walk we arrived back to Cabanconde. And I was so tired and hungry because we did not even had breakfast.

From Cabanconde, we took a bus to a view point called Cruz Del Condor, but only saw 2 Condors because usually the Condors are there at 6 or 7 am and we got there only at 9:30. From there we took a bus to Chivay. In Chivay we went to hot springs pools complex.
From Chivay we took a bus to Arequipa and from there a night bus to Puno (with a company called Flores). We arrived to Puno early morning, very very tired.

Nitzan my sister will tell you about Puno.

Goodbye,

Omer

Photos from Arequipa and the Colca Canyon are on this link:
Arequipa and Colca




Advertisement



8th November 2009

שלום חמודים נהנינו לקרוא את הבלוגים שלכם,כל כך הבה חויות נפלאות אנחנו מאוד מתגעגעים ושמחים לקרוא כל מילה סבתא וסבא
10th November 2009

I ditto my previous comments ..fabulous and more !!! Pam
14th November 2009

wow
עומר היקר ממש נהנתי לקרוא את חוויותיך מהטיול. אני בטוחה שכייף לך עם כולם. תמשיך להנות ולצבור חוויות בלתי נשכחות. אנחנו מתגעגעים ומאחלים לך ולכולם המשך בילוי מהנה. נשיקות לילך

Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 17; qc: 101; dbt: 0.1136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb