Colonia del Sacramento


Advertisement
Published: April 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ColoniaColoniaColonia

Lia looking as sexy as ever in a restaurant on the beach.
Uruguay wasn't on the list of places to go when we first organised our trip. We hadn't even considered it until a week ago, but we'd met many people who said that it was a beautiful country. So we couldn't resist. We originally went down to Buquebus to organise a boat trip with Nick, but because of the public holiday, most of the trips were booked out, so unfortunately for Nick, we had to go later, and he missed out.

The good news was Lia and I got to spend a weekend away on our own, away from 8 bed dorm hostels with snoring, late night drunken wake ups, and other regular hostel behaviour that we won't go into.

Colonia del Sacramento. The Portguese founded Colonia in 1680 to smuggle goods accross Rio de la Plata into Buenos Aires. We were going the other way, so we'll save the smuggling for the return trip. It was a very quick 50 min accross the ocean to Uruguay. We arrived in the afternoon and went to our cheeky little country get away, about 4km out of town., The people there spoke zero english, but were extremely friendly, it was very
ColoniaColoniaColonia

Lia in one of the many streets of Colonia del Sacramento.
clean and we basically had the place to ourselves.

The town is gorgeous. Cobblestoned streets filled with many craft markets and cool little restaurants. The town is very small, so there are few cars, mostly scooters, bike's or just pedestrians. It was great. We went up to the lighthouse, which overlooked the town, beach and in the distance, Buenos Aires.

We had a fantastic night, with some good food at a restaurant called, El Drugstore (nothing suspicious), sat and watched the sunset over the ocean, and then relaxed in our country getaway.

The next morning, they made us breakfast, probably the best we've eaten so far. We got to the city and hired a sexy little scooter to get around town. It was awesome fun. We jumped on and off whenever we liked, and saw all the sites of the city. A fantastic and unexpected addition to our trip, and one we won't forget.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

ColoniaColonia
Colonia

Lia and my new favourite toy.
ColoniaColonia
Colonia

Our country getaway.
ColoniaColonia
Colonia

Atop the lighthouse.
ColoniaColonia
Colonia

More scooter action.
ColoniaColonia
Colonia

The boat from BA to Colonia.


13th April 2007

Yes, looking very sexy Lia.
13th April 2007

Born to be wild
The Cycle Demons at play. It looks like a beautiful spot that you visited. We are glad you are having such a great time. Love Val and Dave.
15th April 2007

Phwoar!
heh U-r-gay... sorry couldn't resist. Awesome scooter! Looks like you guys are having an awesome time!!- so jealous but glad you're both having so much fun!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb