Sacred Valley , Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
October 7th 2008
Published: October 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Strike day in Peru, we are stuck in the Sacred Valley. The roads are blocked with rocks, can´t go anywhere. Luckily we arrived here yesterday - not today. We needed a day of rest, feeling the altitude. This place is a beautiful rural acerage just outside of Urubamba with andean homes on it, run like a bed and breakfast, it´s called the Kuchi Rumi. ( info@ urubamba.com ) We spent the day listening to Peruvian music and napping. Claudia, the owner produces whatever we need, the fireplace is lit at night, fresh flowers throughout the house from her extensive gardens, 2 fulltime gardeners are planting and pruning all day, there´s a creek running through the property, birds on the windowsill, enormous hummingbirds sipping all the flowers. We needed this forced day of relaxation, they thought the roads might be open by dinner time so we can go out for dinner in a cab since it´s too far to walk. In the end, the strike went to midnight so there was no getting out. Claudia gave us some bread, fruit and bottled water to tide us over till morning when it should be back to normal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb