The tiger!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » San Martín » Tarapoto
July 24th 2006
Published: July 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Tiger!



Phillipo, the Italian, brought this little tigre. She is 1 month old here and in about 1 month you will no longer be able to hold her as obviously she will be too dangerous when she plays - as you can see from the photos she is already having a good chew!

In an attempt to give this little one a better life Phillipo bought her for a mere 200 soles, so about 40 pounds. Once she is a bit bigger he will release her into the wild. His family own, alongside their incredible house out here which is guarded by armed guards 24/7!, a plot of land up in the mountains where they have a lot of animals that they have guarded - they are free but they have guards up there to look out for them. So this gorgeous little thing will go up there once she is grown a little more!

Rach and I took far too many pictures of her! And hen we put her on the ground and she prowled around us, adorable! Bum high in the air! She never walks on a leaf, highly amusing!

Phillipo also has these gorg parrots who say ´Halo!´over and over…

A horribly large snake….

Lots of big tortoises - its like a wee zoo!!

Had a yummy BBQ at Phillipos for the evening. Then had to get back into town on the motorbikes. For some reason I got the short straw and had to go on the back of this older slightly slimy mans bike… so of course we broke down in the middle of nowehere… He seemed to find this highly amusing, I did not… Luckily Phillipo came back on his importer stupidly loud and powerful motorbike and the slimy man put his bike on a motortaxi and I got to wrap my arms round Phillipo and was wisked home -honestly, never been so scared in my life, thought the bike was going to buck like a horse! Of course the more a screemed the faster he went!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb