Puno


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Lake Titicaca
December 10th 2008
Published: January 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Puno early and we were getting ready to head to Lake Titicaca where would spend the night with a local family in their homes. Before that we visited the locals and floating islands which were made of soil and bamboo type sticks tied together. These islands where only good for approx 6 months before more had to be made. We really enjoyed this and went for boat ride again on a boat made from bamboo and the locals sang to us the local songs and also Twinkle Twinkle little star...
We arrived at Lake Titicaca in the afternoon at 3850m and we were spilt into groups to stay with local families. This wasnt done very well as Stefano was paired with Sanjay who both speak pretty good Spanish and I was teamed up with Corky and Doug...Spanish isnĀ“t really our thing! Anyway the house was pretty comfortable with great views of the sea and the families where friendly. After lunch we played football against the locals at 4000m Peru Vs the Rest of the World...which was an experience. We lost the first game 4-1 but retained some pride in the second game by winning that but unfortunately we relied on an Aussie Matty to score the winner.!!!
In the evening we were all dressed up in local outfits by our families and taken to the local dancehall to learn the local dance....It was great fun and everyone looked great dressed up. The girls where dressed in bright red shirts and had like 10 tops on and tied there hair in pig tails while the boys got away with just wearing a puncho and funny hat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb