Día 15


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Loreto » Iquitos » Amazon Rainforest
July 15th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at 7am today, since the boat was leaving the lodge at 8. Did I mention how good the food is in Perú? They had awesome french toast, and of course my favorite, platanos.

The boatride back to Iquitos was awesome; we stopped at one point to see the pink dolphins! I swear, they are actually pink! You can kinda see the fin of one in the pictures. Not easy to photograph these guys! But click on the pic anyway, if you can zoom in you can see a little.

Our 3 star hotel never looked so good! Even though our toilet didn´t flush, and we were told not to flush the toilet paper (again), it was really nice to finally be back in civilization. Since most laundromats are closed on Sundays, and everyone had laundry to wash from our jungle weekend, Aura found a place that was open for us, and picked up our dirty clothes from the hotel.

Off to lunch with Natalie, Fiore, Vinny, Rich, María, Tabitha and Jenna. Pizza again for me! Loved that Italian place from last week. After lunch Natalie and took a walk to the pharmacy where the pharmacist diagnosed my
Pink dolphinPink dolphinPink dolphin

see the fin in the upper left corner? I swear it's there
leg problem... although incorectlyt,
as I would later learn. (see day 16 for details) Then off to find a camera place to copy the crocodile pic from Natalie´s camera, with no luck since everything was closed!

Sooooo, I spent a little time at El Cyber and then hung out at the hotel until it was time to go to dinner. There are so many Chinese restaurants in Perú! Or "Chifa" as they are called here. Food was just ok, but it was our last outing with Aura, Aurora, Helga and Victor, our ACEER contacts in Iquitos. We went to pick up our laundry after dinner, only to find out that it was not ready and wouldn´t be ready until 9:30. This was at 8:15... But we were assured it would be brought to the hotel for us.

Since I spent the subsequent two hours at the internet cafe, I didn´t know that the laundry never came! Apparently, Charles had to go back to the laundromat to pick everything up, at 11:15! Peruvian time, so we are learning.

I packed up most of my stuff and went to sleep, alarm set for 5:30am. Yeech. But the bus was coming to take us to the airport at 6:00am. Or so we thought...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb