Adios


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
April 8th 2014
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -12.0931, -77.0465

Luggage had to be outside the door by 7:45 then we had breakfast in the hotel before meeting in the lobby.

The buses took us to Cucso airport for our 1.5 hour plane ride to Lima.

Once we landed in Lima, we went straight to the bus for a ride to our lunch location. We were privileged to eat and visit Casa Aliaga, a colonial mansion that is as old as Lima itself. This house is where a former financial advisor to the President lived. It is a beautiful home full of antiques and history and beautifully preserved.

Before lunch we watched a group of performers who played the cajon (or peru box) and sang and danced. Lunch was a buffed and we ate in the main dining room of the house.

After lunch we went into the salon where we had our farewell activity before boarding the bus to the Casa Andina Hotel where we were given our rooms and took time to say our final goodbyes to the group.

Some of us walked to the main square near the hotel where we got a sandwich and ate on the lawn of the square. It was filled with cats and we later found out that people put out cat food for these cats and on every Saturday, you can go to the park and adopt them. Then, we walked along a main road to the beach and then back to the hotel.

There were a few others from the group who were in the lobby an we visited with them before heading up to our room for a shower and a quick nap.

Our transportation to the airport picked us up at 10 pm and our flight home was at 1:20 am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb