Going north!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
July 15th 2006
Published: July 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi!

We´re here in Lima again, but not for long. This afternoon we have a flight for Tumbes, Perú. Tumbes is on the northern coast, a much warmer place than Lima. You see, here in the southern hemisphere going north is like going south at home... meaning that it gets warmer as you travel north. A little confusing...

We plan to spend our remaining two weeks in South America lounging on beaches, crossing as many borders as possible (hopefully to Ecuador and even Colombia), and pursuing a size large Panama hat. We hope to visit the equator, which is, in fact, a big white line painted on the ground in Ecuador where yiou can balance an egg on a nail. No joke. Mariel also hopes to get a tan.

The past few days, though, we have been in and around Lake Titicaca, freezing our butts off. There was ice on the ground! But we did have a good time visiting the cool Bolivian city of Copacabana and the Island of the Sun, in Lake Titicaca. We are all healthy and recovered from guacamole-related incidents, and itching to get back on the road again.

Hope all is well up WAY farther north; we love you and miss you all!!

Mariel and Ben

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb