Lima Central


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
April 11th 2005
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well today, joined the tour that I had signed up for. We went for a tour around the centre of Lima. Even more crowds, noise, people, and, cars than Miraflores. Narrow streets, people selling pretty much anything on the streets. Lots of different types of architecture, colonial, neo colonial, copies of buildings in other parts of the world, buildings bought to Lima in pieces and reassembled here....

Went to the Plaza de Armas, people, pigeons, heat, crowds, honking horns ... I am blown away by the sheer number of people around.

From the Plaza de Armas went to the Church and Monestary of San Francisco, (Saint Francis). Couple of interesting features ... catacombs ... with thousands of bones and skulls ... There is also a collanade around a garden with walls that are curved ... Not caused by an earth quake, but by a terrorist attack in a different (but nearby part of the city). The force was so great that it caused one of the walls to bend ....

Other Stuff

Rumores afectan libre circulación de dólares. This was the headline in the paper on the day I went to the bank to change some US dollars to local currency, apparently the there have been some fake $US note with a partucular serial number floating around. Of course I managed to get one and the bank would not accept it.

Want to see more photos?

Have a look at my website here: http://www.firemanonasailingship.com/photos/



Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb