Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
December 7th 2011
Published: December 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

When Chev and I arrived in Lima we headed to Hostel Loki, which if you have ever looked at a lonely planet for South America you will know is know for not being low key. We went there to meet up with our pal Tom, as he was flying in that day from Quito. We did find Tom and had a big catch up session over a couple beers and then called it an early night. The next day Chev and I went on a free walking tour, through Lucid Tours, of the old part of Lima. Chev only last about 30 minutes as she was feeling sick. I stuck it out and wish I hadn't. The guide was from Toronto, was very young, 20,and not super knowledgable. She knew surface info but no more. She also had a fairly harsh attitude towards the Incas, which I didn't appreciate. After the tour we adventured home on the bus and met up with some fellow hostel guests for dinner. Neither Chev or I were feeling great so it was another quiet night in. On the last day in Lima we went to a fantastic museum, Museo de Larco, which has a great amount of Incan and pre Incan artifacts. At least we learned some history of Lima!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb