Last Day in Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
January 29th 2008
Published: January 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everybody!
We have really enjoyed our time in Lima. Since it is summer here, everyday has been beautiful. It never rains in Lima so the weather is very predictable. They tell us that in the winter a mist blows in from the Pacific making the skies gray, and the weather damp and cold. We are staying at Home Peru, a hostel that is in a colonial mansion. It has been in the same family for many generations. Some of the ceilings are about 20 feet high. There are some massive pieces of Spanish and French furniture. The fun part of staying in a hostel is the interesting people that you get to meet. I have just talked to a Bostonian who graduated from the College of Charleston and is working in the Galapagos Islands. Walt has spent a lot of time with a Canadian lawyer who has been to most of the places that we have traveled and more. Another Englishman who has been traveling in S.America for 4 months is headed for Cuba, a place where we really want to go. There are people here from all over the world, and they all have interesting stories to tell. A young Canadian dentist told me that he has saved his vacation time for three years so he could make this trip. He also told me that on his first evening in Lima, a policeman stopped him. He told the dentist to go to his hotel and to not be on the streets after dark.
When we were traveling to LIma on the bus, we passed through small towns. We often saw the Inca women on the streets in their full , colorful skirts with many petticoats and tiny bowler hats. In Lima, we went to several Inca Markets and did not see any women in the tradtional dresses.
I hope all is well with each of you. I hope the blogs haven't filled up your ¨Ín Box¨and caused you problems. I believe that we are going to take a break from traveling for a few months and regroup.
Take care,
Everette

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb