Truijllo to Nasca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
January 25th 2008
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nothing much to report!!

Truijllo was as lovely little colonial town in the middle of nowhere. Beautifully painted house with wrought ironwork and balconies. Lovely large square where everyone congregated. This was only an overnight stay again before we hit the road to Lima!!! 8 hour bus journey and we had a shock in Lima. Its busy busy busy!!!! So much so we booked the next bus out to Nasca and didnt stay overnight as we didnt like the place!!!!!

The journey down the coast from Truijllo was spectacular!!

We got to Nasca at about 6.00am got to our hotel and then within two hours boarded a 4 seater light aircraft (that included the pilot) and headed upwards on a 40 min flight over the lines!!! Recommedation here, if you get motion sickness dont eat before you go up!!! It was bumpy!!!!! Well a 4 seater plane would be i suppose!!!! The pilot was very knowlegable and we saw the spaceman, monkey, spider, dog, hands, hummingbird and trapeziums. Absolutle amazing and spread over such a vast area!!! We spent the rest of our day at leisure in the glorious sunshine!

We have today here in Nasca and then are getting on a bus to Cusco for a 15hr journey!!! We then leave there for Machu Pichu and afterwards head out to Lake Titticacca for a few days of deserved relaxation!!!!

We are now being braver with the food lots of chicken and more pineapple than i get hold of!!!

Signing off now cos where im sitting is rather smelly!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.1kb