Finally in Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
September 3rd 2005
Published: September 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in lima today. I arrived at Lima centro and stayed at the Plaza Hotel. The price for a double suite was pretty cheap, 70 soles which works out to be about 20 Canadian, hot water and Breakfast included. I find the city to be very polluted, which is difficult to breathe.

I went to chinatown for lunch..lol ..i am chinese so i had to go there first. Chinese food is nothing like it is here. The taste is soo bland. People smoking in the restuarant ( as if there wasn't enough pollution around).

Lima is a city of chaos. Billions of people all around, stores everywhere. You can find an internet cafe on almost every street. The plazas, statues, and churches are beautiful.
Parts of the city look really nice, where other parts are really poor and run down.

I felt really safe everywhere i was. Just make sure there are alot of people everyever you are. No one bothered me except for the money exchangers and little kids trying to sell candy.

Casinos are everywhere as well. They play with 1 sol and you get 100 credits. hehehe can't lose much money that way, nor can you win. The Sheraton has a casino. There they pay in US funds, but it's pretty empty.

Gonna head to my hotel and to bed now. Until next time.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb