Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
January 19th 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

My first proper day in Lima. Decided to leave the hostel and go for a wonder to get a feel for my. suroundings.
The main avenue (Larcos) in which the hostel is situated is the centre of Miraflores. Seems to consist of mainly shops and banks (there are a lot of banks) and outside each one there is always someone guy wanting to exchange money with you. There are alot of kids romeing the street trying to sell you sweets (which gets annoying after a while). And by the time you have made it to the beach at the end of the avenue you would have been offered some sort of drug at least a couple of times (although the sidepartings and cleanly shaven appearence would sujest alot of the dealers appear to be undercover policemen.)
The beach is alright and the area at the bottom of the avenue has fountains, modern buildings and a small open roof shopping centre.
Its quite hard to find any old colonial buildings, there seems to be mainly modern highrise banks or concrete monstrosities. You have to go down some of the back roads (Avenu La paz) to find any.
After my strole and now quite toasted i'm back at the hostel drinking my 50p bottle of beer.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb