My first time to Peru !


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
January 20th 2021
Published: January 21st 2021
Edit Blog Post

Lima - 22nd December 2020

The Main Square of Lima is located in heart of Lima, founded by Francisco Pizarro in 1535, is a World Heritage Site, declared by UNESCO.

The Square was the headquarters of the Spanish Colonial Government and was heavily damaged during the earthquake in 1746.

Lima is the second largest desert capital city after Cairo in Egypt. The city is located on a desert strip between the Pacific Ocean and Andes Mountains.

The Government Palace was originally built by Francisco Pizarro, governor in 1535.

The most recent alterations to the building were completed in the 1930s.

It was interesting listening to our guide,Vanessa, talk about the distinctive balconies.

During the Spanish Colonial rule of the 17th and 18th centuries, the stand-out features of public and private buildings was the addition of balconies … but not just any balcony. They were “Jealousy Balconies” their intricate carvings were designed so the ladies of the house could look out on the streets of Lima without being seen. Women were enclosed behind these partitions so that no passerby could gaze upon their beauty; consequently the men of the house had no need for jealousy.


I hope there are more tours in Lima it looks an interesting city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.5s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 21; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb