Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
September 30th 2016
Published: September 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

So Lima is the capital of Peru, and has around 10 million people. Despite this, the only form of public transportation is bus or taxi. A subway is on the horizon for 2021 but you can imagine the traffic issues they have.

The roads are average in places and cars often drive on the wrong side of the road, forming their own lanes or trying to make up time in the traffic. Pedestrians do get walk signs however some drivers ignore them which makes crossing the road interesting!

I'm staying in Miraflores, one of the safest districts which is 3 districts away from lima district where the old town and many attractions are. I took a half day city tour today and while driving from Miraflores to Lima I noticed an innovative use of the centre of the road (see picture- pedestrian and bike lanes that separate the lanes of traffic.

Saw some immaculate parks and amazing old buildings today. The catacombs under the Franciscan Monastery didn't disappoint but alas no photography. Watched the changing of the guard, went to an Incan museum and a chocolate museum, and finished off at Kennedy Parque, home to 80 cats!

Early start tomorrow, plane to Cusco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb