Lima - Better than i expected


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
October 19th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Early bus to Lima, and it was just a pitstop really. Claire was flying home, and we were heading way north the day after. I'd heard really bad things about Lima, so didn't expect much. What we saw of it, it ws beautiful. Yeah it ws a big city, but full of stunning squares and great old buildings. Granted, you are offered drugs literally every 30 seconds, but after a few minutes its just funny as you know every single person who approaches is trying to sell, so you have a bit of fun at their expense to pass the time.

We found a great Hostel on the main plaza and got some amazing cheap food. Cerviche (raw fish in lime) has fast become one of my favourite foods of all time. I've now had it everyday for a starter.

After a look around, i noticed a cinema showing the new Tarantino film. We were off eary the morning after, so a film was perfect. I triple checked with the woman that it was in english, and it was, so result. After some more food later on, we headed to the cinema. Just before i went in, i realised that most of the film was actually in French with English subtitles.... this was the case, but all subtitles were in spanish, so we sat for most of the film not knowing what was going on. Bit rubbish really.

Never mind, i'll watch it when i get back. Off to the resort of Mancora to end my trip relaxing on the Pacific Ocean!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb