middle of the earth chapter five


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
December 24th 2013
Published: December 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

from an ecuadora city high in the sky surrounded by volcanic mountains---sleeping peacefully at the moment---to the capital city of peru, lima, where the pacific ocean and humid, balmy weather predominates, is a big jump...a welcome one because even though the altitude eventually becomes mostly unnoticeable the shift to men in short sleeves, women in the skimpiest denim cut offs, and ocean breezes is wonderful...i'm staying in the tourist section of lima, miraflores, and it's the day before christmas so the five story department store i just left was swarming with shoppers...it could have been macy's if everyone didn't have a tan...the people in ecuador were attractive, the people in peru are sexy...at breakfast this morning an asain-american couple from california shared a sad, scary story with me...the woman, who by profession is a prosecuting attorney, and her male partner were in a taxi coming from the airport and stopped at a red light when a man smashed his fist through the car window, shattering the glass and snatching her purse...he took off running to another person waiting on a motorbike and the two escaped...she filed a police report, but nothing was retrieved...her passport was NOT in her bag, so primarily she lost money and a bag...it happened in a poor neighborhood and she seemed to have mostly recovered...the police suggested that you should always keep your bag in the floor between your legs and that cars with tinted windows were recommended...this could, of course, have happened in new york city...but it makes you think...tomorrow i leave for cusco...considering that i have no idea where i'll be staying once i get there, perhaps now would be a good time to book a room!

'

P

Advertisement



27th December 2013

yowza
Hi lee!! Yowza - that's a scary story! I'm glad that woman told it to you so you will be extra careful with your bag! Lima sounds great - let's hear it for sexy people and warm weather!! Loved your selfie on facebook - hope you are taking lots of pics to document your amazing trip!!! Sending lots of love and a prayer that no one punches in the window of any cabs you ride in!
28th December 2013

ahhh....
robina...i know this is beating a dead horse, but when you tell me "it's over, lee. let it go. stop living in the shadows of the past" then i will. BUT I HAVE TO KNOW: did some rat-fuck-commie-bastard eat those m&m's? ohhhh, and thanks for reading my travel blog. it's amazing this interworld stuff? how can it happen!? xoxo lee

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb