Day 73 - High Security


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
June 3rd 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We started the day with a stroll down to and along the beach in Miraflores, definitely the uptown area of Lima. The beach is fronted by expensive flats and instead of the banged up old cars that line every other street, there is a whole array of newer models. We spent our time watching the surfers ride the waves and getting tempted to go paragliding here as well as or instead of Venezuela. I think we had just about convinced ourselves when hunger took over, and we decided it was an activity for after lunch.

A side street menu of the day later and the weather had taken a turn for the worse... well, a little bit cloudy, we'd save paragliding for later. A trip to the India market provided retail therapy in the form of a painting of the Nazca Lines, before a Chifa trip for dinner.

Our transport out of Lima was a bus ticket booked at a random travel office in town (due to the lack of central bus station in Lima... not easy to find a bargain) which turned out to be with Cruz del Sur, the most luxurious company in Peru. And luxury and security, which it stands by, weren't far away... we had our luggage taken like at an airport, our hand luggage searched, bodies scanned with metal detectors (good job I'd hidden my knife) and before we set off we were all filmed in our seats so they had a record of our faces! All this before food was served and a film shown in English, much to Sophie's distaste as we were boarding the bus at 11pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0942s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb