Life worth Living


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
September 22nd 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have been traveling for about 2 weeks now, and deciding to do a blog, we will see how long this gets updated before, but for now we have the drive. We are at the Condor House in Miraflores which is highly reccommend. Its like being in the vibe of the 90´s again, which is definately a good thing. It´s like being with family and living life rather then just trying to survive.

For the first couple weeks of our trip, we used disposable cameras and tore through 6 in the first couple weeks, I decided a quality digital camera was a neccessity. We got the reccommendation to go to Polvoz Azules which means ´Blue Dust´ Which is a huge, huge warehouse with probably hundreds of stores with everything from cameras, computers, tv´s, car audio, clothes, back-packs, movies, games, toys, and a worlds worth of stuff more. We went there with the goal of getting a few things we needed, mainly being a camera. I was surprised that it was all legitimate stuff and not knock offs. After making it through the electronics and starting to wander through the clothes, we looked down and it was an endless hall of stores. It looked as if there was no end.

We met another couple from Seattle yesterday and they took us to have ceviche for the first time and these amazing scallops in a sea shell with golden crusted parmesean cheese on top--that dish was amazing. We will be going back there and probably getting some pictures.

I could easily go on for days, and dont really know what direction to go with this, but we will see where it takes us, kind of like our traveling mentality. We are kind of eager to get out of the cities and will probably make some sort of excursion into the mountains when we get into chile.

Speaking of the couple we meant from Seattle, they really are the inspiration to start the blog, as Jessie is a writer, and Rob a photographer. They get a long well and are a perfect newly wed couple. You should support there blog as it will put ours to shame :P

www.knkexplore.wordpress.com

Now that we have a quality camera that we can get get pictures up on the computer and a blog started, I think we are going to go explore the coast of Lima again and add to this later.

Advertisement



22nd September 2009

Polvoz Azules
Speaking of the blue dust, have you seen the blue morpho? Butterfly. It doesn't really matter which direction you go with your observations, it's all interesting and uniquely yours...you'll look back and it will help you remember.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb