Arrival into Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
October 5th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everybody

Sooooo we arrived into Lima last night....quite the arrival. First we were late, and then we met two other flights on the way in, so needless to say customs was insane. And then stepping out of immigration even crazier. Never have I seen a swarm of people screaming at you, and James and I frantically looking for our pickup person, whom I was pretty sure would have left since we were 1 hour late. Thankfully the man was still there and so we piled into a small van with other gecko tour ppl.
After some sketchy driving thru lima we arrived in a much more upscale Miraflores. Since our hostel was changed at the last minute the driver had no idea where we were staying which resulted in us having to go back to the first hostel that one girl was dropped off at. Quite the circle we drove in. After much discussion with the front desk clerk, we finally got our room and went to bed at around 1 am. Had a great sleep, and great all inclusive breakfast, gotta love eggs, toast, cheese, tea and juice in the morning that is essentially¨"free". Going to our new hotel in just a bit, with our tour manager and an Aussie that we met. Anyways hope all is well at home. Will talk soon.



Advertisement



6th October 2008

Glad you arrived safely, enjoy, enjoy enjoy. Looking forward to the pictures and maps
8th October 2008

Crazy girl!
Hey, hope you guys are having a good time. I heard there's a tropical storm on the other coast but hopefully you guys won't be affected. Hurry up and write something, I'm anxious to hear how you guys are doing and where in the world you are! Talk to you soon, stay safe, stay well. Marta

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb