Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
November 1st 2007
Published: November 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sufers hit the ocean for the last timeSufers hit the ocean for the last timeSufers hit the ocean for the last time

Hazh and Dave hoping to catch some waves in Lima.
Lima was our final stop of the travels. We arrived into Lima airport from Cusco after a 2 hour delayed flight. This was due to weather conditions at the airport, but it was still much better than taking the alternative 24 hour bus journey! We checked into the ´Flying Dog´ hostel in the Miraflores part of the city. This is meant to be slightly more traveller friendly than the central area of Lima.

The first day we had a good peruvian lunch one block from our hostel and decided to explore the area, heading down to the coast by foot and exploring the beachside plaza amongst other things. We were nearly all persuaded to paraglide off the coast that afternoon but Mark saved that for the next day. We spent that evening in the Pizza street area where resturants line the street with waiters desperatley fighting for your custom. Unfortunatley we managed to pick one of the the bad ones and had our first argument in Spanish as we waited over an hour for our food.

The next day Hazh and Dave headed to the beach to try some surfing on Lima´s coastline. Carlos, the instructor fixed them up
Out at seaOut at seaOut at sea

An action shot on the waves.
with some boards and they spent the morning trying to rememeber what they learnt in Australia! In the meantime Mark took up Marco´s offer of a paraglide over the coast of Lima hoping to catch a glimpse of the city´s skyline.

After the mornings activities we went for lunch at a seafood resturant recommended by the Carlos and ate very well; Mark having a peruvian dish of raw fish, ceviche, and describing it as the best food he had had all travels.

We had a snooze that afternoon in preperation for a last night on the town in Barranco. We managed to recieve a lot of attention that night but it may have been due to the silly Haloween costumes we donned.

Today is our last day before flying back to the UK. We are all looking forward to going home and catching up with friends and family but we have all had an unforgetable time on our travels together and have lots of memories to share with you all.

Lima airport awaits, see you all soon.

Mark, Hazh and Dave.
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Looking out over Lima´s  coastLooking out over Lima´s  coast
Looking out over Lima´s coast

Mark and Hazh looking out at Lima´s coastline.
Last drinksLast drinks
Last drinks

Last night out for the boys in Barranco, Lima.
View from above..View from above..
View from above..

Mark hanging low.


2nd November 2007

looking forward to having you back
Safe journey - see you soon

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb