Off to the jungle


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, one last entry before we head east into the jungle. We are rested after a few days in Lima (although we switched hotels after discovering that the first one could only manage tepid water for a shower) The new hotel is very plush so we´ve been relaxing, eating, and souvenier shopping and generally getting ourselves ready to head into monkey, tarantula and pirahna country. The souvineir markets are massive and it´s quite an exhausing task (seriously!!!!!) We have bought lots of boxes of colour pencils and little notepads to give the children in villages we visit (on the recommendation of our tour guide as the communities prefer not to have us handing out money or lollies, and pencils are expensive here)
We found a plaza full of pizza restaurants last night, but the competition is so hot that they have people out the front of each one hassling us with a menu and trying to shepherd us into their particular restaurant. A very stressful way to choose some where to eat.
Anyway, ´we´d bes t be off and will see you all soon!!
Liz and Bec

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb