Students' Promotions and an Archeological Site.


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
November 7th 2012
Published: November 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Students' "Graduation"Students' "Graduation"Students' "Graduation"

The students are dressed in caps and gowns for their promotion to the next level in school.
Today the students in the class of five year olds where I volunteer took class promotion photos. They will “graduate” in December since that is the end of the school year and the summer vacation begins then in Peru. They dressed rented caps and gowns for the photo—group photos and then individual ones for each student. They sure looked cute all dressed up and smiling.



Pachamachac which is the big Inca site near Lima. It’s quite impressive spread out over a big area. The Inca always built their cities and temples on unproductive land and saved the flat areas near the rivers to grow crops.



The CCS Home Base is more active this week. Nine volunteers from the Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical joined us to volunteer. Eli Lilly sponsors its employees to volunteer in CCS locations around the world. It seems like a great way to build employee morale and networking and build international understanding.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Students, Teacher, and AdministratorsStudents, Teacher, and Administrators
Students, Teacher, and Administrators

The students are dressed for their promotion in December.
Pachacamac Archeological SitePachacamac Archeological Site
Pachacamac Archeological Site

The guide told us this is the street that Pizarro the Spanish Conquistador marched into Pachacamac on his horses.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb