Casma


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

For the past week i have been in Camsa. A downtown village 5 hours from lima. Ive come here with everyone from the refuge as their holiday. Coaching internittently while having fun with the children at the beach and participating in various recreation.

I have no access to internet here, so escaped for a few minutes to update. It been a great week but very tough.

It is deserted here. A beautiful beach with fantastic scenery but minimal people. In a few years it will be a massive tourist attraction which will infact ruin the peace and quiet of a lovely place to go and relax.

Apart from the beach, there are a few homes, a church and simply desert. Nothingness, but sand, for miles. Yet a wonderful secluded destination.

As much as we are away it is still very much difficult. Eating what we can and sleeping as one in what effectively is a giant church hall. The father of the town puts up project peru with a roof and necessities for a summer holiday for the children.

A highlight was infact one of the girls found a seahorse in the sea. As she gave it to me it died due to being out the water, initially it was such an exciting moment. Aswell as this we had a mega sand castle competition. I also bought a massive boat, dingy, for equivelent of 40 quid, the kind of thing which would cost hundreds in england. people were in awe of how much fun we had in the thing...pictures will follow.

It been quite funny to find that i have some of the children saying MOOSH. The accent is hilarious but at least reminds me of being with friends at home.

Days are starting to pass rapidly, the end of peru is starting to linger. i dont want this to happen. As my next trip is already being planned in my head.

It is funny...as what makes me happy is a new car or a holiday, here, cold water makes these people happy.

I am back in lima on Friday, so will update saturday morning with pictures of this week past.

Advertisement



24th February 2012

Hello!!
Hi Batts... Just wanted to say hello and tell ya that we're all jealous of you having such a great time. Keep the pictures coming!! The place is pretty quiet here without you and having some of the kids saying Moosh sounds hilarious. Take Care luv and hugs Trace.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb