Madrid to Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
November 10th 2009
Published: November 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Buonasera,

If you followed my last blog, here is the update.....well they did not cancel my flight....many others were, so here I am in the airport lounge in Lima Peru.
The flight.....what can I say....dont fly Iberia!!!!!!The plane was so old there were not even tv screens in the chair backs. The seats were so narrow and cramped and the flight was full to bust. The food........I know that airline fare is not the best.....but this takes the biscuit(no pun intended) for being the worst I have ever had....the main course....pasta, so overcooked that it resembled infant mush, followed by a piece of fruit sponge...about five hours later a cheese sandwich which I would have been embarrassed to serve, and finally a cheese and ham panini which must have been days old.....shocking!!!!
The screens that they had on the bulkhead were so far away that you couldn't get interested.....and anycase when I did finally focus on Gorillas in the Mist ( how old is that!!!)...the movie packed in half way and was abandoned.
Lima airport is very modern and bright and this is where I am spending the night ahead of my 3am check in and onward flight to Cuzco with Taca Airlines.
Its 9pm here .......3am Europe. Im wide awake as slept as much as possible on the flight from hell!!!!
Bring on Cuzco, The Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu...
ciao,
Mario


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



11th November 2009

Viva Peru !!!
Welcome to Peru !!! You will just be getting up now for your 3 am check-in. C'mon : it could have been worse. Your flight could have been cancelled, or you could have been delayed, or your bag could have been lost. Just chill out on some of that Peruvian coca, and keep sending the pics. Can't wait to see if you survive the altitude at Machu Picchu

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb