Newcastle to Madid


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
November 9th 2009
Published: November 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well here I am at the start of this monumental journey........

Newcastle to Madrid....and what a start.....

I left Newcastle this morning with a cold north east wind to bid me farewell, and arrive in Madrid to sunshine and a festa going on! Today celebrates the feast of the patron saint of Madrid....the place is buzzing....bars and restaurants are packed and it seems that everyone has gone to the Cathederal, including me to pay honage to Our Lady of Almeduria...got some interesting images which I will post later...had a fantastic tapas of prawns and other fried crustaceans, washed down by a couple of glasses of vino verde in the Mercado beside the Cathederal....fantastic!...then promptly lose my way back to the Metro station....ha!

Come back to the hotel then dissaster!!!!! Iberia are on strike domani...arghhhhhh!.....and I am leaving for Lima at 12.15.....check in to see what happens.........

ciao,

Mario

Advertisement



9th November 2009

Should have stayed in Gateshead
Great start, Mario - looks as if you'll get an extra day in Madrid. Usually though intercontinental flights still go ahead even when there are strikes. Anyway, with all the time you have on your hands, what's the hassle ???

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb