Day 8


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
December 23rd 2007
Published: December 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We´re finally back in Lima. After 6 days of roughing it in the jungle with no AC, no hot water, and no electricity this seems like paradise. The lodge stay was fun. It was a beautiful place and the staff were all incredibly courteous and knowledgeable. I saw sloths, many species of beautiful birds, an anaconda, and 6 different species of monkeys over the course of the week. We spent a lot of time on the boats out looking for birds and other wildlife. We also spent some time hiking through the jungle immersed in clouds of mosquitos and up to our ankles in mud. It was fun though, afterwards. The food was good but i´m still feeling sick, its going on 4 days now and its getting tiring. I just need to adjust to the water i suppose. We had a guide who had grown up in one of the many local villages that line the amazon. He was amazing and could spot so many things that I couldnt see even after they were pointed out. We toured a local amazonian village and i bought some handmade necklaces from there. It was very interesting to see the way they live and eat and their whole lifestyle in general. The peruvian people thusfar have been some of the nicest people ive ever met. All of the villagers were so kind and happy despite living in conditions that americans would cringe at. They love the way they live and there is an abundance of food in the Amazon so they prefer it. It´s a very natural lifestyle that i admire nowadays. Now were in Lima at a beautiful little hotel. We will probably be spending Christmas here simply because travelling is nearly impossible around this time. I´m working on a way to upload some photos and videos! I hope to have them up by tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb