Day 1


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Amazonas
December 16th 2007
Published: December 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I´m in an internet cafe in Iquitos right now. This place is pretty interesting. It´s a lot poorer than i had imagined, it reminds me a little bit of Jamaica in the way the houses and buildings are built. We flew into Iquitos this morning with about a 2 hr delay, which was terrible when we already hadn´t slept all night. We got here eventually though, and the lodge that we booked met us at the airport. They were amazing and set us up with a hotel and took us there for free. They´ll be back around 9 tomorrow to pick us up and take us to the lodge. This city is very neat despite the ramshackleness of it all. It seems that the only form of transportation is these front wheels and motors of motorcyles connected to 2 wheel carts. They drive crazily and there are so many of them! Our hotel is nice, it´s humble but is safe. We just got done eating breakfast at a beautiful amazon view tiki hut restaurant with more than we could eat together for 3 dollars a piece! and the orange juice was some of the best orange juice i´ve ever tasted in my life. The milk seemed fresh from the cow too! This is a whole new experience and everything is so different. We haven´t felt like it was unsafe though and all of the Peruvian people seem to be extremely nice. I´ll be unable to send you an Email until the 22nd but you can know were safe at the lodge. This language gap is turning out to be a little wider than i expected, but were already catching on.

Advertisement



17th December 2007

I'm happy you are having fun! I can't wait for your next post.
17th December 2007

That was me, Mary...

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb