First few days in peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Barranco
January 3rd 2017
Published: January 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!!! We finally made it! - we had an awful journey here with a very long stop over in São Paulo! Celebrated new year three times but slept through two of them. Finally landed to discover- my boots have got lost in transit! We really aren't having the best of starts lol! I can laugh about it now but obviously wasn't amused at the time! They'd also stolen my cable ties from my bag too!
We got a taxi from the airport into Lima- that was an experience in itself!!! They make the m25 look tame, cars nearly crashing into each other with about 15 people in 1 car- mental!
We arrived at the hostel in 1 piece thankfully, our hotelier took pitty on us and let us have our room early. I swear to god it was the best shower ever!!! After a quick freshen up and change we headed or for a wonder. Stopped off for pizza and pisco sours. What with the jet lag and altitude it didn't take much for us to feel a bit squiffy so we headed back for a siesta.
We met the rest of our group in the evening and had some food together. They're a really nice bunch and I think we have done well here.
Next day we tried to find some boots but only found socks- small perks! Did a quick shop for snacks- a huge punnet of cherries for £1.25- bargain!!!
We then plodded off to huaca pucllana for a look around. It's basically a huge pile of bricks built by hand by the Lima people thousands of years ago for religious reasons. Was fairly interesting- saw a hairless dog, learnt that in Lima it never rains and that how they built the structures is the blue print of how we build to prevent earthquakes now! Every day is a school day. The second half of our day was spent on a 7 hour coach ride to nazca.
Were staying in a cute little farm house where we can pick the mangos and bananas off the trees and just eat them- breakfast sorted!
Later we're going sand boarding in the desert so will touch base again when we can!
Alive and well- Jo and Lauren xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



7th January 2017

PISCO SOURS
They must have been good, judging by the topsey turvey photo on your blog xxxxx
8th January 2017

Peru of course!
Hi Lauren and Jo. Am enjoying reading your blog. Brings back memories of when me and Martin were there in1988!! We are so envious of you especially going to Machu Picchu. Can't wait to see the photos. You go girls. Love the Claydens xxx

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb