Día 19


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lambayeque » Chiclayo
July 19th 2007
Published: July 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

2nd day of observation at the military school today- got to see a social studies class and a chemistry class. Very interesting experience in the chem class- the students had a quiz on the periodic table of elements. The teacher would say the name of an element, and the students would have to write down formula that represents each element. The students were talking through the entire quiz, cheating visibly, and one student even had a cheat sheet! The teacher caught him though, and without a word took his quiz and cheat sheet. I am not sure why the difference in behavior during this particular class- at the military academy the students have all been very well-behaved and respectful. This teacher happened to be the only female teacher I observed here, so I do not know if there is any correlation. I bought an awesome track suit with the school´s name on the back. Actually, about half of our group got the same one!

Lunch was at Fiesta again, where I tried the goat, duck and octopus on Tuesday night. We weren´t too thrilled about returning to that particular restaurant, as there were very few options for meal choices. However, after speaking with the waitstaff they were able to change up the menu a bit, and served us appetizers that were more appealing to the majority of the group. And instead of only being able to choose duck or fish as an entree, they offered chicken milanesa, or breaded chicken cutlet. The food today was awesome! One of the appetizers, Palta a la Reina, a chicken salad served atop a piece of guacamole, has become a new favorite. I can´t seem to find Taku taku anywhere in Chiclayo!

After lunch we took a trip to Lambayeque, to see El Museo Tumbas Reales de Sipán, a museum that houses the tomb of El Señor de Sipán, and many other ancient artifacts from the prehispanic Mochica culture. museotumbas
We were unable to bring our cameras into this museum, as there are over 2000 pieces of gold and other preserved artifacts. The display cases all contained thermometers, to keep the temperature within at a safe level for the antiques.

This was the last scheduled event for the day, which meant free time!! Natalie and I took a mototaxi over to Plaza Real for a true authentic Peruvian meal....

Not too much on tomorrow´s agenda, but we will get to visit some artisan´s markets, which will be our last outing here in Chiclayo. Saturday we are off to Cusco!

Alyssa





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



23rd July 2007

Loved seeing the MuseoTumbas pixs, it looks great! BUT when I click on the sight ... it"s all in espanol!! Another reason I should learn spanish - maybe you can be my tutor? Have a fun time in Cusco, I can't wait to read about it ;)

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb