Day 205 Peru, Nazca lines.


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
June 11th 2015
Published: June 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey Bloggers and interested people,



We woke up in our own room (with own shower room-luxury) in Nazca. We decided not to eat any breakfast as warned not to before the flight over the Nazca lines can be a little nauseating.



The included pick-up for the flight arrived at 9am, which took us a few miles away to the prop-plane airport. Apparently as it was cloudy this morning our flight was delayed for 1h30, so it allowed us enough time to watch the Nazca Lines documentary video twice. It was a little annoying because we were told not to eat before the flight, so as soon as we could do the flight meant we could eat-and we were starving!



The flight was incredible. 30 minutes flying over the different patterns and animals, with live commentary from the co-pilot. We wore sound proof/ear phones to block out some of the plane noise but also hear the commentary.



Our photos are quite cool too!! Really recommend the flight, and all in all it’s so easy to make Nazca a stop off on the way from Lima to Cusco. We could have booked a flight from Lima to Cusco for £150 but including all the buses and total stay at Nazca with Nazca flight, it probably works out that much! So would definitely recommend this way to flying commercially.



We chilled out in the afternoon, even though we weren’t actually sick, the flight does make you feel a bit yuck after all those 45-degree turns, so we were happy to just chill in out room during the afternoon.



We went out in the evening for a walk around the little shops- Neil bought a new Nazca style wallet and I bought I colorful bag. We then thought we’d treat ourselves to the best restaurant in town. The meal was so good-we had bruschetta for starter and then Neil won the meal choice: he hadlomo Saltado (Fillet steak with tomato onions soy sauce on chips and rice, it was so good!!! I had tomato pasta, which was good but Neil’s blew it away!!! The guys in the restaurant kept coming over to help us with our Spanish of different phrases we were trying to learn from our guidebook over dinner.



We got back to the hostel later in the evening, we read our books and watched some of the ‘Chile V Ecuador’ football on the TV.



Love V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 88, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb