English Teacher in Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
June 9th 2006
Published: June 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nazca LinesNazca LinesNazca Lines

One of the pictures - The Astronaut
Went on a tour to the Nazca lines today. After the tour, the guide asked if we would like to visit the school where he teaches English. Since we have nothing to do in the evening while waiting for the bus to Arequipa, we decided to go check out how the schools here look like.

We were dragged to the front of the class when we arrived. We played temp English cum Geography teacher, introducing ourselves in English and showing where Singapore is on the world map. And then we were made to teach them pronounciation of numbers, making the students who are all teenages and adults, read after us. It was kinda strange, like teaching kindergarten kids. But it was really fun to answer their questions about ourselves and about Singapore. A really fun way to mingle with the locals.

Teaching seems like a pretty fun job. Hmmm... Might consider for my new career.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



9th June 2006

Yo gals! Its been so long since i last read your blog, ok back to the topic. When i was in china, those great wall runners n myself oso ask by the guide to go to the sch to teach the kids. As we were in the village nothing to do so we go lah, those runner were teaching them eng, yoga and i was there playing basketball with them, well it was just a short while and those kids were shock to see so many ang moh, all went to take photo with them..
9th June 2006

YO! World Cup Starting Today Yo!
HELLO MeiNUs! So much fun You all having... many stories to tell your grand children! I received your postcard liao! Postmarked 31 May 2006! :p So surprised! HA! HA! HA! THANK YOU THANK YOU! Its taking pride of space on my desk! I just came back from Dragon Boat Races in China! ;p So exciting & eye-opening! With SAFRA group lah! POsting photos on my site: www.hoeaikteng.smugmug.com... but not many good ones lah bec no time to wander. OSM ... World Cup starting tonight... where are you?!!! Oh... yesterday received our PB announcement... not bad! :p Losta of changes in SSC... Hmmm... long stories... you all come back then share lah! KSM... No facials for almost half a year oredi hor?... Miss you gals! See you soon!

Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb