Lets get sandy


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Huacachina
April 20th 2006
Published: April 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

After another night of rum and coke drinking games, of which i was severly rubbish at, the burning morning sun felt hotter than usual. We headed to Ica to get bus tickets for the 15hr journey to Cusco that night, id been informed that night buses where confortable and nothing like the usual buses in the towns.

After a quick look about, fake Oakleys bought for $2 and a some food we head back for the buggy and sand boarding trip ran from the hostel. As we start ourselves into the rat like off road vehicle, Tom confesses he thought the buggy was just for dropping us at the top of the dunes, he was very wrong. As we leave the town the driver, who is trying to impress a female co-pilot, shifts into turbo and we fly across the sand and straight up the first dune, we hammer it about at ridiculous speeds as we grip the frame of this beast, it was so much fun. The sand boarding was brilliant, with no instruction and makeshift boards we cruised/fell and rolled down a variety of sizes of dunes, im proud to say i had one sensational stack of which Tom picture the aftermath, mainly me covered in sand.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.7kb